The RigLOK connector enables release under load in all operating conditions, allowing disconnection to take place closer to potential weather threats. This innovative solution maximises the time kept on station and avoids costly, unnecessary disconnections.
The RigLOK offers a timesaving solution for temporary moorings in harsh environments, enabling more time on position and less time waiting on weather.
Features and benefits:
• Allows disconnection of mooring lines under full load in all operating conditions
• Immediate disconnection enables vessels to remain on station for longer, or even avoid disconnection entirely if environmental threats diminish
• Secure and reliable operation due to the use of encrypted sonar, dual redundancy electronic modules and operator interlocks
• Rapidly replaceable battery module offers 18 months life for whole season lifespan in icy waters and volatile weather regions
• Direct to chain interface for quick and simple connection on deck without the need for shackles or H-links
• Efficient load path through minimal load bearing components offers inherent integrity. Environmental seals and internal corrosion protection ensure reliability
The release-under-load mechanism is driven by internal hydraulic accumulators and initiated by an encrypted sonar signal. The 2-way communication protocol provides the operator with status feedback before disconnection, whilst safety interlocks prevent undesired operation. The ability to make multiple and sequenced mooring disconnections offers complete rig control.
Simple and quick on-deck pre-deployment operation requires minimal resources and time. The RigLOK is also quick to re-install after disconnection, reducing downtime and dynamic positioning costs.
MBL: 8 414 kN / 858 mT / 1 892 Kips as standard, alternative MBL and chain size easily accommodated
Maximum Depth: 1000m maximum as standard
Service Life: 5 years as standard
Interface: Direct to chain – 76 mm to 84 mm stud mooring chain – Grade R3 to R5
Material: All load bearing components are machined from ABS, DNV or BV certified material
Certification Class All RigLOK connectors are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with the relevant certification body
Technology All the technology, including the mechanical connection, electronics, communication and hydraulic system, is field proven and industry trusted.