Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
With an ever-increasing focus on decommissioning and environmental conservation in the oil and gas industry, Balltec has developed a riser capping system for top side and subsea installation that isolates and prevents contamination of the environment for up to 30 years. The Flexible Riser Environmental Plug (FREP), in addition to providing a robust sealing solution, is designed to withstand both internal and external differential pressure.
With standard ROV torque tool interface, the FREP is sealed and locked in one quick operation and can be used multiple times without recovery.
Balltec has recently completed the supply of two FREPs to Ocean Installer in Norway for Equinor’s Njord A field in the Norwegian Sea. One FREP was used to seal the subsea end of a cut section of 10” flexible riser to limit spillage of contaminants during recovery operations. The 2nd FREP was installed to seal the section of flexible riser that will remain on the seabed at a water depth of 330 meters for approx. 20 years.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula