Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
Balltec has recently been awarded a contract by Enbridge Offshore Facilities, LLC of Houston for the Vito project which is located in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 150 miles south of New Orleans, Louisiana, and in water depths of 4,000 ft.
The scope of supply awarded to Balltec is for its PipeLOK pipeline recovery tools and flangeless subsea PIG launchers. The equipment will be rented for contingency purposes during subsea installation of the 18-inch oil and 10-inch gas export pipelines as well as the 14 and 10-inch steel catenary risers. The installation campaign is due to commence in Q4, 2019.
The award represents further success for Balltec’s subsea PIG launcher design, which is the world’s first diverless and flangeless launcher. The subsea tool enables the dewatering of pipelines from a cut section of pipe without the need of any additional fixtures. The PIG launcher uses Balltec’s proven gripping and sealing technology to create a fast, safe and reliable connection.
With a flawless track record over numerous projects and now being in its third generation of evolution, the PipeLOK continues to be the world’s most reliable pipeline abandonment and recovery tool. Balltec’s PipeLOK is also unmatched in efficiency for the laydown and recovery of pipelines.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula