Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
Balltec has recently been awarded a contract by Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland (HMC) for work on the decommissioning and removal of a large platform with conductors in the North Sea.
Balltec’s scope of supply comprises 18 of its LiftLOK ball and taper lifting connectors. The connectors will be used for the lifting of 30 inch diameter conductors during removal of a jacket in a single lifting operation by Heerema’s heavy lift vessel Sleipnir. The jacket and conductors will then be transported suspended in the cranes of the Sleipnir to a decommissioning yard.
The LiftLOK connectors, rated to a safe working load of 76 mT, are due to be delivered in March, 2020 with offshore operations scheduled to take place during the following summer.
Balltec’s LiftLOK connectors have an extensive track record for the remote deployment and recovery of subsea equipment and have been used on many notable projects including Asgard and Aasta Hansteen for Equinor. Balltec’s lifting solutions deliver innovative lifting and handling systems, and are engineered to minimise human intervention in safety critical operations.
For further information regarding Balltec’s PipeLOK pipeline recovery tool and its other engineered solutions, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1524 733388.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula