Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
Balltec has successfully completed the installation of 4 subsea adjustable mooring connectors and H Links on behalf of Streamlined Naval Architects in Greece. Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue Floating Met Mast Tension Leg Platform is installed off the Greek island of Makronisos as a demonstration project which will provide meteorological data for a period of 12 months.
Balltec provided an offshore technician to oversee the installation of the connectors which were originally supplied in 2018. The connectors, which are rated to an MBL of 450 mT, were adjusted to the required tension via a hydraulic tensioner installed on to each connector with their operation controlled from the surface.
Theodore Papatheodorou of Streamlined commented ‘We would like to thank all the Balltec team for their valuable support on this innovative project and we shall keep you updated for the progress of FloatMast Blue and hopefully for any future project!’
Balltec’s subsea mooring line tensioning systems have previously been used on other projects including Guará-Lula in Brazil for Petrobras.
Balltec’s mooring solutions include its MoorLOK, Helical, and RigLOK release under load (RUL) mooring connectors. Balltec’s mooring connectors are designed to lower CAPEX and OPEX costs by reducing installation time during mooring line hook-ups, providing the ability to disconnect the mooring line (in the event of maintenance or replacement), and their removal at the end of the project lifetime.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula