Read about latest news for Balltec
Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors has successfully been completed at Hurricane Energy’s Lancaster field.
The connectors, which were delivered in early 2018 to Bluewater Energy Services BV, are being used to connect the 12 mooring lines to the turret mooring buoy of Bluewater’s Aoka Mizu FPSO. Installation of the subsea umbilicals, risers and flowlines is currently on-going ahead of arrival of the FPSO with start-up planned for H1 2019.
Balltec designed and manufactured the connectors specifically for this project. The firm’s technicians were offshore during July to oversee the installation of the connectors by SBM under subcontract to TechnipFMC.
Neil Platt, COO of Hurricane Energy plc commented:
“We are pleased to have installed the buoy for our FPSO turret mooring system at the Lancaster field. We’d like to thank Balltec for their involvement in this critical element of our Lancaster early production system development.”
Balltec’s Managing Director, Russell Benson added:
“We were delighted to be selected to supply our MoorLOK Subsea Mooring Connectors for the Lancaster Project. The MoorLOK is an ideal connector for this application, combining an installation procedure with no requirement for divers or ROV intervention with a fail-safe, patented triple locking mechanism which ensures the integrity of the connection in any orientation.”
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula