Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
Balltec is pleased to announce the contract award by SOFEC Inc., based in Houston, USA, for the design, manufacture, testing and delivery of twelve of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors. The connectors, which will be subject to ABS certification are rated to 922 mT end of life minimum break load with a design life of 16 years and are due to be delivered in September, 2018. The MoorLOK connectors will be used to moor a vessel for approximately 16 years in a water depth greater than 1,000 metres. Each anchor line of the vessel is made up of polyester rope with sections of studless chain at the connections to the vessel and the piles. The MoorLOK connectors when installed will connect the mooring lines to the piles. The MoorLOK is the world’s only patented ball and taper subsea mooring connector with over 300 connectors in service and has the ability to be disconnected at any time during its service life in the event of mooring line maintenance or replacement.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula