Read about latest news for Balltec
Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
Balltec is pleased to announce completion of the manufacture, testing and delivery of twelve MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on behalf of Bluewater Energy Services BV. The connectors, designed in accordance with DNV_GL-OS-E302 July 2015 Offshore Standard for Offshore Mooring Chain and rated to 16,000 kN end of life minimum break load, will be used to moor Bluewater’s Aoka Mizu FPSO at Hurricane Energy’s Great Lancaster Area field in the North Sea.
Bluewater’s engineering / expediting team selected Balltec’s MoorLOK connector based on weight, size and track record. Balltec assisted Bluewater during the detailed design of the offshore installation aids and testing that was required with technical challenges solved correctly and swiftly. Balltec’s MoorLOK connectors have an extensive track record having been used on numerous projects around the world and incorporate its patented TripLOK locking system. This system allows installation and utilisation of the MoorLOK In any orientation and makes it the ideal solution for Bluewater’s project where the connectors will be installed in the inverted position to connect the mooring lines to the dis-connectable turret buoy of the FPSO. As part of the same project, Balltec has also provided three ROV Interface Panels which are to be installed on the Aoka Mizu’s dis-connectable buoy for ballasting / de-ballasting. The order was placed with Balltec based on Bluewater’s positive experience with the MoorLOK connectors. Last minute design changes were incorporated with technical issues solved quickly and accurately with Bluewater highlighting the clear communication with Balltec’s projects and engineering teams during the whole process. Assembly of the ROV Interface Panels on to the buoy is currently on-going with installation of the FPSO and MoorLOK connectors scheduled to take place during the summer of 2018. For further information regarding Balltec and its capabilities, please visit www.balltec.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries or further information on any of Balltec’s products or services please click the button below:
- Balltec provide Oil Export Flexible Riser Plugs for decommissioning project
- Balltec awarded contract by Enbridge for subsea pipeline recovery tools and PIG launchers
- Balltec secures North Sea decommissioning contract from Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland
- Balltec completes offshore pipeline recovery work in the North Sea
- Balltec completes offshore installation of its adjustable mooring connectors for Streamlined’s FloatMast Blue project
- Installation of Balltec’s MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors at Lancaster field
- Balltec selected by Saipem for supply of Sheave Connection Points for Dolphin Energy EPRS system
- Balltec secures contract award from Intermoor for its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors
- Balltec completes successful disconnection of its MoorLOK subsea mooring connectors on Shell Malikai oil field
- Balltec completes lifting beam load testing on behalf of Aquila Nuclear Engineering
- Balltec subsea mooring connector and tensioning system contract for a floating weather monitoring system
- Balltec secures mooring connector contract from SOFEC, Inc.
- Balltec completes delivery of mooring equipment for Bluewater Energy BV
- Balltec delivers Lifting System for Allseas
- Alliance Agreement with Canadian, East Coast based Frontier Subsea Inc.
- Lifting Solution for Åsgard Gas Compression Facility
- Balltec With Critical Role In Statoil Pipeline Project
- Balltec Lifting Solution for OpenHydro Tidal Turbine
- A positive and successful OE 2015
- Pioneering Solutions for oil, gas and renewable energy projects worldwide
- OE (Offshore Europe) 2015
- Oil & Gas UK Roadshow
- OTC 2015 Houston
- Solutions Branding
- Solutions for Guara Lula