Pipeline Abandonment and Recovery Tools
The Balltec PipeLOK™ fleet is the world’s largest and most technologically advanced fleet of pipeline abandonment and recovery tools.
Balltec designs, tests and manufactures PipeLOK™ tools, building on 30 years’ experience in the field.
Now in the third-generation of design advancement Balltec is proud to call the PipeLOK™ the most advanced engineered product for the laydown and recovery of pipes, risers, conductors and piles.
Balltec can supply PipeLOKs to cover any size of pipe and has tools in stock of every variation from 3”- 48”. Based on the ball and taper principle, the PipeLOK™ tool is engineered to provide greater re-usability over a broad range of internal pipe diameters. The quality engineering ensures a rock solid design for multiple lifts and recoveries. With safe working loads of up to 1200mT and no water depth limitations, Balltec has the tool to suit your project.
The PipeLOK™ light and compact design offers a default lock state, with a high mechanical pre-load for a failsafe operation. PipeLOK™ boasts a faultless 100% failure free track record over multiple tools and projects.
Custom built PipeLOK™ tools can be manufactured to suit your project requirements and additional features can be engineered into the tools to ensure we have a bespoke solution for any problem.
PipeLOK™ tools offer a range of benefits including:
- Lighter and more compact design than all comparable products, without compromising the robustness or strength
- De-watering and Pig catcher facilities available on all configurations, at any water depth
- The largest pipeline abandonment and recovery fleet in the world
- The highest rated internal pipeline lifting tools ever produced
- 100% successful track record over multiple tools and projects and most extensive track record for recoveries
All the PipeLOK™ connector tools are designed and proof load tested in accordance with the rules of the DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances.